The HEPA-Pure Filter Captures Particles in 2 Steps
1. Polluted air first passes through Alen's washable Pre-Filter to capture large particles, extending the life of the filter.
2. In the second layer, air moves through a unique, electrostatically charged HEPA type material that attracts and captures dust, pollen, pet dander and mold spores.
Caring for your HEPA-Pure Filter
- Over time, the HEPA-Pure Filter becomes overloaded with particles, decreasing its filtration performance. We recommend replacing your filter every 6-9 months for severe concerns or when running your air purifier 24/7. Replace your filter every 9-12 months for light concerns or when running the air purifier only as needed.
- Rinse or lightly vacuum the removable black Alen Pre-Filter as soon as it develops a layer of visible of dust and particles. Allow it to completely dry before replacing.
- Washing or vacuuming the white HEPA type material will damage the fibers and is not recommended.